- Money or property received when collateral is sold, exchanged, or collected. American Banker Glossary————
* * *proceeds pro‧ceeds [ˈprəʊsiːdz ǁ ˈproʊ-] noun [plural]1. FINANCE the money gained from selling something:
• Allied-Signal was planning to use the proceeds from the sale of Union Texas to reduce debt.
• cocaine-trafficking proceeds2. the money that a business gets from Issuing (= selling) bonds, shares etc:
• San Diego will use the proceeds from the bond issue to acquire and install new police facilities.1. the profit from selling assets after costs are taken away:
• PWA said net proceeds from the sale of the five aircraft will be about C$150 million.2. the money obtained from a share or bond issue, after costs are taken away:
• UDR will use the $15.4 million net proceeds from the stock sale to reduce outstanding borrowings.
* * *proceeds UK US /ˈprəʊsiːdz/ noun [plural] FINANCE► the amount of money received from an activity, event, or the sale of assets: »
Most of the proceeds from the sale will be used to pay the retailer's debt.»
Redemption proceeds of £1,000 or more can be transferred directly to the shareholder's bank account.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
proceeds — pro·ceeds / prō ˌsēdz/ n pl 1: money or other property received as the result of a sale or other transaction esp. involving collateral retain a security interest in the proceeds of collateral 2: money received from an insurance policy Merriam… … Law dictionary
Proceeds — Pro ceeds, n. pl. That which comes forth or results; effect; yield; issue; product; sum accruing from a sale, etc. [1913 Webster] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
proceeds — [prō′sēdz΄] pl.n. the money or profit derived from a sale, business venture, etc. * * * … Universalium
proceeds — [n] earnings from business gain, gate, handle, income, interest, lucre, produce, product, profit, receipts, result, returns, revenue, reward, split, take, takings, till, yield; concept 344 Ant. loss … New thesaurus
proceeds — ► PLURAL NOUN ▪ money obtained from an event or activity … English terms dictionary
proceeds — [prō′sēdz΄] pl.n. the money or profit derived from a sale, business venture, etc … English World dictionary
proceeds — noun ADJECTIVE ▪ total ▪ gross ▪ net ▪ sale VERB + PROCEEDS ▪ use … Collocations dictionary
proceeds — Issues; income; yield; receipts; produce; money or articles or other thing of value arising or obtained by the sale of property; the sum, amount, or value of property sold or converted into money or into other property. Proceeds does not… … Black's law dictionary
proceeds — n. profit 1) net proceeds 2) proceeds from (proceeds from the sale of surplus property) * * * [ prəʊsiːdz] [ profit ] net proceeds proceeds from (proceeds from the sale of surplus property) … Combinatory dictionary
proceeds — pro|ceeds [ˈprəusi:dz US ˈprou ] n [plural] formal the money that is obtained from doing something or selling something ▪ We sold the business and bought a villa in Spain with the proceeds. proceeds of/from ▪ The proceeds of the concert will go… … Dictionary of contemporary English